Saturday, March 26, 2011

Teaching Macbeth

Hi and happy Saturday! I'm teaching Macbeth this spring semester--in fact, in a few weeks--and am going to use our Gleedition (http://www.gleeditions.com/macbeth_details.html). This will be the first time I've used a digital text only and am really looking forward to seeing how the students will respond. I am lucky enough to have a smart classroom, so I can take advantage of the color-coded annotations to teach close reading and critical thinking skills to the class, as well as show the background in brief info and graphics. I'm planning to make a YouTube video of at least come of my experiences forging ahead into this new frontier, so stay tuned! Also, if you have any helpful hints about teaching Macbeth, please let me know. I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment